|Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on October 14, 2011 at 9:40 AM|
Nobody knows for sure what causes schizophrenia. Research suggests that schizophrenia may be caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. An imbalance in these chemicals can cause messages in the brain to get mixed up. Scientists believe that schizophrenia, like many other illnesses, results from a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
Symptoms of schizophrenia
Positive symptoms are extra feelings that usually are not present. Examples of positive symptoms include:
• Distortions in thought content (delusions)
• Hearing, seeing, tasting, feeling, or smelling things that do not exist (hallucinations)
• Disorganized speech and behavior
Negative symptoms are a lack of behaviors or feelings that usually are present. Examples of negative symptoms include:
• Losing interest in everyday activities, such as bathing, grooming, or getting dressed
• Feeling out of touch with other people, family, or friends
• Lack of feeling or emotion (apathy)
• Having little emotion or inappropriate feelings in certain situations
• Having less ability to experience pleasure
There are things you can do to help manage your schizophrenia symptoms. Quickly contact Dobi Healthcare Services to help you .Work with our doctors and our treatment team to learn more about the full range of schizophrenia symptoms you might experience and to develop a treatment plan that works for you.